Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Missing childhood

While visiting one of my favorite places to go.... the park.... I had a thought and it made me sad a little bit. I remeber visiting parks as a child and there were many children and now there are just a handfule here and there.  This made me wonder about the "childhood" of kids now.  When they get older and look back what will theey remember, what will be significant... Sadly, I think it will for most kids be memories of being overscheduled, having limited physical activity that was not associated with a score board, and parents that weren't really as connected emotionally as they could have been.  This is sad to me, because your childhood is so critical in shaping other areas of your life.  The reference points that you love and those that you want to forget.... they will always be there.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment